Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who says white can't be tough?

Here is Senator Mary Landrieu at a Senate Homeland Security committee meeting last week:

I love this look. I love the bold use of white (before Memorial Day!) with more white underneath. I love the multi-strand necklace with organic texture. I even love the minimal makeup, although as usual, I wish she would put some lipstick on. In fact, if there was one tip I would give to all our women serving in Congress across the board, it's more lipstick. I'm sure most of them start out the day with lipstick, but it never makes it all the way to a committee hearing. Maybe we need to popularize a more permanent product with this group, like Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Mini Lip and Cheek Stain.

3 comments:

  1. Old rules are there to be broken by women with influence. Love yr blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an all-over white look. Especially when there are fabulous accessories involved. It must be tough dressing for a political position- you are likely criticized either way. If you don't look great, they'll point and laugh. If you do, they'll say you should spend more time on your job and less time being vain. It's a fine line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour. I've never had a lip product stay on long enough to require makeup remover to get it all off.

    ReplyDelete