Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What was that about hairstyles again?

I wonder what would have happened if Carly Fiorina were running against Dianne Feinstein instead of Barbara Boxer.

Senator Feinstein was on CNN's State of the Union this week to discuss US strategy in Afghanistan. She wore purple:

The last time we wrote about the Senator's hair, it was a bit longer, and that gave it some youthfulness. Here I think it's just a tad too short, which makes it stiff and just a touch too curly. Another half inch of length would calm down that flippy little curl above her left ear.

I love this rich purple color on the Senator, although I would perhaps remove the shoulder pads from her blouse. And here we also see a perfectly appropriate use of a multistrand necklace with a professional outfit.

1 comment:

  1. Really? This multistrand necklace is ok? I hope it's my video quality but it looks like plastic to me. The combination of the hair, necklace, pearl earrings, and shoulder pads (yes! please remove!) evokes "grandma" in my mind rather than "professional." It's not so much the flippy curl above the ear that bothers me as the overly stiff bangs. I prefer her look here: http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=NewsRoom.PhotoGallery&File_id=b64b1603-5056-8059-765d-4d08ca4e5e97

    ReplyDelete